Saturday, August 21, 2010

On my way!

So I am now officially halfway to the Dominican Republic. After flying all night, I have made it to Miami. Fun stuff, I know! But right now, it's about 6 in the morning in Phoenix, and I only slept a couple of hours on the flight, so I am tired and ready to go to bed. Unfortunately, that probably won't be happening for a while now, although I'm not sure what the schedule is for when I arrive in the Dominican Republic. Hopefully there is a lot of time for SLEEP! But the good news is that the movie for the next leg of my journey is "How to Train Your Dragon." I'm crazy excited, and will probably have to stay awake and watch it. But it's an awesome movie, so oh well.

I have never been to the Miami airport before, and I must say that from what I have experienced, the people aren't the nicest and the airport is pretty low on my list of airports. I was trying to sleep a while ago, but I couldn't because they had the televisions turned on too loud. Did not make me happy!

Anyway, moving on from my problems with the Miami airport, the next time you hear from me, I will be knee deep in Spanish, I will have met my host family, and, fingers crossed, will have both of my suitcases in my possession once again. But for now, I am watching TV online and frantically reading up about the Dominican Republic. Sounds like a solid plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment