Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hey look, a blog!

So this is going to be an interesting experiment. Can I keep a blog going the entire time I am in la República Dominicana, or will this, like many of my journal attempts, last about a week? Only time will tell.

But the facts are these: In just a few short days, I will be on a plane, on my way to spend four months in the  Caribbean country known as the Dominican Republic. I will be living with a host family in a city called Santiago de los Caballeros, taking classes at PUCMM, and attempting to communicate using Spanish skills. But for now, I am just furiously packing, trying not to forget anything and wondering about my future host family, the others attending the trip, and life in the DR in general. And to keep you all informed, I will (possibly) be updating this, making sure everyone that wants to hears my adventures and journeys can hear them. What will this semester have in store? No freaking idea. Be sure to tune in!

No comments:

Post a Comment