Friday, October 29, 2010

Waterfalling



I know I'm really behind, so I'm going to try and marathon a couple of posts to catch up.

So last I blogged, I had just been to Constanza. Well, the next weekend we had a co-pay trip to the 27 Charcos de Damajagua. A co-pay trip, in case you are wondering, is where CIEE pays for transportation, and we pay for everything else. A really good deal, since most of the trips go to places we would have trouble getting transportation to! Anyway, 27 Charcos is a series of 27 natural waterfalls that people hike up and then jump/slide down. So anyway, I got on the bus at 8 in the morning, ready for an exhilarating day of jumping and sliding down waterfalls, and I was not disappointed. However, I did not realize that these waterfalls I would be jumping off of into the water below were as tall as 20 ft. We all had to wear life jackets and helmets, but that is still high, especially since I do not enjoy jumping off of the high diving board! So that was a bit of a shock, but I am proud to say that I bravely jumped off every single waterfall, and slide down them as well. All in all, it was a fun day!

The rest of my weekend was spent doing homework (fun, right?), and the week was likewise full of projects, papers, and presentations, oh my! And although I complain about the workload here, it is considerably smaller than it would be back in the states. And even though I have been here for over two months, it still feels like I'm not actually in school, which makes the motivation for work nonexistent. 

I took a waterproof disposable camera with me to the 27 Charcos, but at the moment the pictures are being developed, so instead, here is a video of other people at the 27 Charcos. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment