Friday, October 29, 2010

And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry. The part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a Silly Song


Well, it happened. I have reached the middle of my time here, so I thought I might list some of the things that have happened here that I never expected to. So here goes...

I never thought I would:
-ride on the back of a motoconcho
-jump off of a 20 foot waterfall
-eat avocados at almost every meal
-be able to sing along to many popular Dominican songs
-prefer to ride a concho than walk to the store
-decide air conditioning really isn't the best option in the Caribbean
-be told that since I don't sound like a Dominican, I must be from Spain
-get completely used to people walking around with machetes and big guns
-not mind piropos
-rather eat mangu than mashed potatoes
-have a burning desire to eat Chipotle, Jamba Juice, and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
-be sad that I only have 2 more months here

There is more, but this is what comes to the top of my mind. This doesn't include things I thought would happen, such as feeling much more confident with my Spanish, missing things that are happening at LC, eating a plethora of delicious Dominican food, improving my ping-pong abilities, make friends, go to the beach, and adjust to the crazy heat and humidity.

So there you have it. This has been Silly Songs with Larry. Tune in next time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZjhjvLO4f4

No comments:

Post a Comment