Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Banned Books Week!!

Sorry about the delay between posts, but I promise another one this week as this is just a quick post to let you know I'm alive.

Happy Banned Books Week everyone! For those of you who are unaware, Banned Books Week has been the last week in September since 1982. It was started by the American Library Association to celebrate the freedom we have in the US. It also helps to shed light on the types of books most often challenged. Some of the most challenged books of 2009 include:





So go to your local library and see what events they are offering, spread the word about Banned Books Week, or just read a banned book! As I said at the beginning, a real post is coming later this week, I promise. But for now I will end with everyone's favorite reading dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment